Pets at Purina Offices
Pets have a hugely positive impact on our mental and physical health and wellbeing. Not just at home, but in the office too – for pets, their owners and their colleagues.
According to a study by Virginia University in 2012**, employees who had access to dogs in their office tended to be less stressed as the day progressed, than those without office dogs. The research also illuminated that access to dogs boosts morale and reduced stress levels, no matter if people had access to their own pets or other people’s. The better an employee feels on a regular basis, the more they are able to stay focused and produce quality work. In addition to these recognised health benefits, pets in the offices also:
- Increase productivity and provide inspiration: Having pets nearby can help keep an employee relaxed and happy – making work more enjoyable.
- Improve job satisfaction: At Purina*, employee surveys show Pets at Work is an important benefit, and the company also believes it helps with employee retention.
- Encourage co-worker interaction: Pets add another layer of interaction between co-workers, and otherwise quiet employees can become more engaged when talking to a co-worker about their pets.
- Promote healthy break time: Dog owners tend to spend their breaks walking and caring for their dogs, getting them on their feet. Even just taking a few minutes to play with a pet can help provide a mental break and lower stress.
- Project healthy work-life balance: For many people, pets are a huge part of their lives. Companies that encourage pets in the workplace show that they care about their employees and the balance between work and home.
Across many of our locations our four-legged friends are regular features in the office.
We strongly believe that people and pets are better together and having pets in the office is a clear demonstration of our passion for pets and the Purina values we all share.